His in-game description reads : "Max's father. Expert marksman."
First, Max must speak with Gerald during Chapter 2. He can be found inside the ground floor room to the right in the foyer at Max's house, which is across the drawbridge in Palm Brinks. Gerald will give Max a Trumpet Gun and challenges him to build it up twice into a Bell Trigger, which can be acquired multiple ways.
Inventing the Bell Trigger Edit
Note: Inventing this item is perhaps the fastest way to obtain a Trumpet Gun:
|Bell Trigger|| Fountain |
| Wind Element x2 |
Silver Ball x2
Scrap of Metal x10
|620 gilda||Chapter 1||Weapon (Gun)|
Building-up the Trumpet Gun Edit
The Trumpet Gun may be built into a Bell Trigger following stats:
After building up your Trumpet Gun into a Bell Trigger, speaking with Gerald again will cause him to join the party and be found on then be found on Blackstone One.
Purchasing a Bell Trigger Edit
When in the party, he'll give the following abilities :
- Gives 1 extra Synthesis Point (SP) per level-up Max's Guns
- Gives 1 point to a random elemental stat for Max's Guns per level-up
- Turkey : 460 Gildas (Available at Chapter 4)
- Trumpet Gun : 300 Gildas
- Grenade Launcher : 500 Gildas (Available at Chapter 3)
- Magic Gun : 560 Gildas (Available at Chapter 4)
- Wild Cat : 900 Gildas (Available at Chapter 5)
"More respectable place to live" Will only live in a brick house with iron fences and iron gate surrounding it.
You must build up a Trumpet Gun into a Bell Trigger in order to get him to come along with you.